6.26.2013

Finally... tube free!

The last few months have been filled with ups and downs for our family and the people that surround us. When the lord bless one there may be trials for another. We had several weeks of trials during our trip to Cincinnati for Gabrielle’s surgery. All in all I believe we came back home a much stronger and united family. I thank the lord every day for the blessings he has bestowed upon me. I have a wonderful husband that has blessed me with two beautiful little girls. Our little Gabrielle is a little more unique than most and teaches us something new about ourselves daily. When you think your patience has been pushed to the brink step back and think about the other things that are really important. My patience is waning right now because Gabrielle still isn’t walking yet. I worry that her muscles are weakening more and more every day. That her joints are stiffening more every day. She was always running, dancing, bouncing, moving in some way that it pains me to see her constantly just sitting on the couch and wanting to be carried everywhere. I know in His on time she will walk again, run again, dance again. I can not wait for that day, I pray it is just around the corner.

Gabrielle and Avery in their matching outfits... aren't they adorable!

We have a birthday party for a family friend this weekend and there will be swimming. I had asked if Gabrielle could swim with her  SP tube. Dr. Alam told me to bring Gabby to have a renal and bladder ultrasound and send him the images and report. So yesterday we brought her to have one… she did good for the most part just a lot of crying after it was over she was fine. Today Dr. Alam reviewed the report and images and said that I could cut and remove the Suprapubic tube. YAY GABBY!!!!  I can’t believe we are finally free of all tubes. After 3 months we are finally FREE of all tubes. Dr. Alam says the whole will be healed in a couple of days and that Gabby will be able to swim Saturday. I’m so excited for her and I believe it will help with the stiffness of her legs. I also believe part of her problem with walking is fear and hopefully with the removal of the SP tube part of that fear will go away. Just since I removed the tube about 30 minutes ago Bart has already gotten her to roll over on her stomach and slide off the couch onto the floor. She has only done that one other time since we have been home. We have a couple of test that Dr. Alam wants us to try with resistance and her legs. I am to report back to him tomorrow and we may see about putting her in physical therapy to help her get her mobility and confidence back.
I have a few additional prayer request this week…
1)      Faeynn and Carter both have the same birth defect that Gabrielle has and have had some complications after their bladder closure surgeries. Please pray for the these precious babies that they will be healed quickly and that the surgeries take this time.
2)      Samuel- has the same birth defect and just had surgery a couple of weeks ago. Prayers for him also to have minimal problems and heals well.
3)      We lost a great friend two weeks ago Friday. He was caught in the explosion at the Williams plant in Geismer. Please pray for the wonderful family he left behind that their hearts will heal with time, that understanding will eventually come to them and that they hold on to their memories of him forever!
Thanks & much love!
S

No comments:

Post a Comment